Thursday, September 29, 2011

She writes:

A letter to you:

I will not cry this time. I will not be a victim of yet another form of abuse. Yes when he hurts her, he is hurting me and therefore I will not allow him to hurt me even more than what he already have. I will not cry today or tomorrow but instead I am taking action. Instead I am letting him know today that it is not because I hate him, it is not because I am afraid of him, it is not because he is any powerful than I am, it is because he have to know what is right from wrong. I am sure its not his fault and therefore learned it from his parents, the past generation, I am sure he have been nothing but a powerful force of the generation to generation victimization and blame, but today I will be breaking that chain. Today I refuse for you to hurt me, for you to beat me, for you to rape me, I refuse for you to look down on me, to psychologically abuse me, to humiliate me, to burn me, I refuse for you to intentionally or unintentionally create an art of violence on me. So today when I am taking action, I will repeat this to you and will reflect it in my work, in my life, and in my being. I refuse for anyone to hurt me because I am a woman. Because I am a woman, I should be respected, loved, cared for and because I am a woman, I should be your number one, because I am a woman I should be treated as the center piece that I am to my family, my community, and to my country. Today I take action for my great grand mothers, my grand mothers, my mothers, my aunties, my daughters, my nieces and today I am taking action for those women who weren’t able to speak out, those women who weren't able to fight back, I am then fighting back for all of them, I am to take action because more than any of the labels I have and been referred to, I am taking action because I am a human being who deserves love, respect and a human being that creates a generation that without me the next generation is impossible.

1 comment:

  1. Good Stuff M! I see where you get inspiration for your work. Keep it up (and keep writing)! A.

    ReplyDelete