Thursday, September 29, 2011

If justice would be served as a meal I wonder what it would taste like!


Then why is the law, which is supposed to be protecting us, harming us? When a criminal, a murderer is being let go after serving 4-5 years but a man who have cheated the government with VAT (Tax) gets mandatory 15 years without parole. Now, I am neither the critique of the century nor am I against my current rulers of my beautiful Ethiopia. Its just that I am more concerned of what is right from wrong, what is something we are ashamed of as a nation from what is more logical! Maybe I don’t know enough, maybe I know too little about Ethiopia, maybe I am mistaken of the possibilities and sacrifices one pay for growth and development in Ethiopia, maybe I am just f*ed up in the head for ever thinking that a murderer should get 85 years in prison or a person who raped a child should get 50 + years. Maybe it’s a f*ed up way to think that a man who committed a tax crime should get 5-10 years max. In my weird way of thinking I might just be wrongly right to think that way. Maybe that is it, I am wrongly right. A man who splashed pure acid on his ex girlfriend burning her face, hair, destroying her one eye would probably get 5 years causing her to be “handicapped” for the rest of her life and he gets 5 f*ing years? I am not just speaking for the hell of it, it is from experience a man who had done the same thing got 2 years a few years back and now he is able to work, able to lead a normal life when the woman he had caused so much pain and suffering to is depending on her family and friends for the rest of her life, but he is able to live freely getting opportunities to travel, to marry & bare children if he may wish. One might ask, how is it then justice served in this beautiful country? I would answer “right now justice is served as a cooked up ‘doro wet’ with cheese” Which leads me up to question does the justice we (When I say ‘we’ it is to refer to the normal people) all know exist in Ethiopia? I honestly don’t think people who are making these laws, are being influenced to make these laws, responsible to review the law are aware of the meaning ‘justice’ because the justice I know wouldn’t have been tossed out in the trash bin by the court house right after recess, the justice I know would have been served raw, raw collard greens with jalapeño with some choking and kicking. I am sure many would wonder if he had gotten the justice he truly deserves 2 years and out on probation. Many would also think and argue that he had done the right thing to her because of the pain and suffering she had caused him maybe he was hurt, emasculated because she cheated on him. Maybe she stole his money, maybe she even emotionally and physically abused him maybe she even spread rumors ( rumors is as bad a criminal act in Ethiopia as it is referred to ‘destroying’ ones reputation) but regardless of what she had caused him regardless of the pain he had endured for a ‘limited time’ does then our government gave him the right to cause her a lifetime of pain? Does it even realized that she is forever scared when he had just been slapped on his hands with an emotional hug. As an Ethiopian, an individual, as a woman, as a daughter, a sister, and a future mother I’m requesting a vise versa on the law, just a little twitch, just a tad bit. May be on the thinking line of someone causing the government some money cheating on VAT (Tax) gets 5-10 years without parole and a person causing someone to be scared for life can get 25+ without the possibility of parole or if you would really listen to me and my advice, maybe to teach the up and coming generation from being a part of such crime, maybe it should be like it in the old days, an eye or an eye, the man who burned his ex with sulfuric acid would also be burned with sulfuric acid and 2 years, the man who took out his ex’s eyes would also get his eyes taken out and 3 years with parole it is. At least he will be out in time to live a normal life. Maybe he will be the model for the rest of the irresponsible cruel monsters who thinks women are ones property and therefore if a woman wishes to leave her ‘man’ , he have the right to harm her and possibly destroy her so no man would ever get to give her some love an affection.

Now if justice was a meal, I would serve it on a hot plate, I would serve everything raw, raw collard green with raw intestine with jalapeño, mitmita, and berbere with some cows penis and my favorite some rats waste (atleast its cooked in the stomach). All raw! But then again, in this beautiful country of mine, it is served on a warm plate with some delicious doro, kitfo, some cabbage and carots, some rice and some cheese so colorful and delicious.

How raw or cooked would you serve justice?

1 comment:

  1. If justice would be served as a meal we all extinct way long time ago!

    ReplyDelete